NEW YORK OPEN – DOWNEY CUP
JUNE 24 – 26, 2016
sponsored by Mr. & Mrs. Downey
2015 Yonex NY Open – Men’s Double finalists
2015 Yonex NY Open – Women’s Double finalists
NEW YORK OPEN – DOWNEY CUP:
- NY OPEN is USAB sanctioned tournament.
- Winner prize is sponsored by Mr. & Mrs. Downey.
- ADVANCED DIVISION players are required to be USAB member.
- INTERMEDIATE / SENIOR & JUNIOR DIVISION players are not required to be USAB member, however, players without valid USAB membership will not be covered by 2016 NY OPEN Insurance. Additional waiver and fee for insurance coverage may be required.
- USAB membership can be obtained at USA Badminton Membership sign up. $40/year.
- Advanced ( A ) division: MS, MD, WS, WD, XD
- Intermediate ( B ) division: MS, MD, WS, WD, XD
- Senior division: MS, WS, MD, XD
- Junior division: U11 ( BS, GS, BD, GD, XD ), U13 ( BS, GS, BD, GD, XD ), U15 ( BS, GS, BD, GD, XD ), U17 ( BS, GS, BD, GD, XD )
- Advanced division ( A ): $35/event
- Intermediate division ( B ): $30/event
- Junior events: $20/event
- Deadline is on 6/19/2016 at 11:59pm ( eastern time ). Any entry after deadline will not be accepted.
- Registration sent prior to deadline, however, no payment submitted before deadline will not be accepted.
- Registered and paid in full prior to 6/20/2016, however wish to withdraw and fully refund, request for such action must be submitted before deadline ( 6/19/16 before 11:59pm eastern time ). Once pass deadline, no refund will be issues.
Friday ( 6/24/16 ):
- 7:30pm – 11:00pm: Men’s single in B division
- in case of smaller draws overall, we will have the single games move to Saturday. JB gym is OPEN for players to practice, registered players are FREE for admission.
Saturday ( 6/25/16 ):
- 8:00am – registration
- 8:30am – 11:00pm ( A & B divisions)
Sunday ( 6/26/16 ):
- 8:30am – registration ( Senior & Junior divisions )
- 9:00am – 4:30pm ( Junior & Senior divisions )
- 11:00am – A division FINALS
* all schedules are subject to changes. please follow up with the schedule updates online.
Cash Prize : $10,000 SPONSORED by Mr. & Mrs. Downey
Prize Distribution list: Cash prized to all winners in semi-finals and finals in all divisions. Medals will be given to all winners in semi-finals and finals in all consolations games.
TOURNAMENT Results WILL BE available online.
JOHN BOWNE High School ( 63-25 Main Street, Flushing, NY 11367 )
Gym is an independent building next to school. Parking lot is in front of the gym building. Street parking is free at nights and on weekends.
Bus Q44, Q20A and Q20B will stop right outside the school.
- Varies restaurants are within 5 min walking distance.
- A take-out menu from local Chinese Restaurant will be available at the front desk.